Saturday 4 February 2012

Happy February !

So that was January 2012 ! For my January addition to my journey I bought a bottle of Auchentoshan Three Wood, (ock-un-tosh-un) but with all the other Christmas additions I haven't had the chance to open and savour this yet. I haven't even got around to opening December's official addition, a Balblair 1989 and I'm already looking forward to buying February's bottle!

I'm actually hoping to get a hold of two bottles this month - well it is a Leap Year ! 

Jura are releasing a first ever Diurachs exclusive bottling later this month, and The Balvenie will be releasing their Craftsman's Reserve No.1 which is also a member only release. I have been told that I have been successful in my interest in the Jura, but still waiting for The Balvenie news.

The Diurachs - Isle of Jura - In a world of it's own

Two more bottles were emptied from my whisky shelf over that last couple of weeks. An excellent Talisker 10 Year Old and the evergreen Glenfiddich 12 Year Old. The Talisker was just glorious and was sorry to see the last dram in my Glencairn. I missed an opportunity to visit the distillery when was on holiday in that area. Perhaps I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much as I would now, as I wasn't a whisky drinker back then. 


The Glenfiddich was March's  and Talisker was July's addition

The Glenfiddich 12 Year Old also has it's qualities, however it is easy to find this almost anywhere so perhaps I won't yearn for this dram quite so much.

What do you do with all the empty bottles ? Some are just too good to simply throw out (recycle) with the other glass jars, but how many can you keep before it becomes obsessive ? I have kept the Highland Park and Singleton bottles as I liked their shape (and colour of the Singleton) both hold our drinking water in the fridge now. I have recently noticed that Talisker have recently changed the packaging of their 10 year old, so should I keep the box of mine ?

No comments: