Sunday 16 September 2012

Tequila Discovery

I spent 3 weeks in and around Mexico City during the summer and decided that I really should get to know something about the national spirit of Mexico. With the help of my Brother, Sister-in-Law and her wonderful family I learned a little about Mexican distilled spirit.

In all I sampled eleven different Tequilas/Mezcals during my stay, and brought a further five home to enjoy at my leisure.

I've created a separate Tequila Discovery page for my notes which can be found here, but in summary;

  • Tequila Discovery #1 Mezcal Sanzekan Joven (48% abv)
  • Tequila Discovery #2 Tequila Don Julio Blanco (38% abv)
  • Tequila Discovery #3 Tequila Hornitos Reposado 100% Agave (38% abv)
  • Tequila Discovery #4 Tequila Jose Cuervo Tradicional Reposado (38% abv)
  • Tequila Discovery #5 Tequila 1800 Añejo (38% abv)
  • Tequila Discovery #6 Tequila Herradura Reposado (40% abv)
  • Tequila Discovery #7 Tequila Don Julio Añejo (38% abv)
  • Tequila Discovery #8 Tequila Don Julio 70 Cristalino (39% abv)
  • Tequila Discovery #9 Tequila Tres Generaciones Añejo (38% abv)
  • Tequila Discovery #10 Tequila Corralejo Reposado (38% abv)
  • Tequila Discovery #11 Mezcal Fandango Reposado (38% abv)
Still to come....the Tequilas I brought back to Blighty with me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's some mighty fine drinking there, Dave. Blanco's are fresh and fruity new make but Reposados and Anejos are barrel aged spirits that take on character from the wood and thus, as far as I'm concerned, are a form of cactus whisky (in the same way I think of Cognac and brandy as "fruit spirit whisky"). Do you think it's the beginning of a beautiful & life long relationship?