Sunday 25 December 2011

Whisky Discovery #27


Gentleman Jack (40% abv, OB, 2011, 70cl)

Rare Tennessee Whiskey
Circa £30

First American Whiskey
I sampled upon giving this to son-in-law Ben, this evening.

My first Tennessee whiskey (yes, whisky with the ‘e’) and I must say I was pleasantly surprised. Really smooth whiskey. I’m not sure that it is that ‘rare as it states on the label, I have seen it in most supermarkets!

Made by Jack Daniel’s, Gentleman Jack is charcoal-mellowed twice, before and after the ageing process, resulting in a cleaner, more refined end product . 

This was introduced in 1988 and was the first new whiskey from the Jack Daniel Distillery in more than 100 years.

The nose is very sweet, honey and vanilla, burnt brown sugar and charcoal. Similar on the palate, very smooth and syrupy, a little fruit too. Finish is short and sweet, a little charcoal and spice.

No comments: