Sunday 31 July 2011

Whisky Discovery #17


The Balvenie 21 Year Old Port Wood (40% abv, OB, Bottled +/- 2011 70cl)
Speyside Single Malt Whisky
Circa £85

Thank you Balvenie
Oh what a lucky boy I was in July !

A fourth bottle and a gift from The Balvenie ! I joined as many whisky sites as possible in my quest for knowledge, and answered an email from the Balvenie regarding a meeting in London. I was accepted to join their ‘focus group’ and spent an  enjoyable evening discussing The Balvenie, their website, and drinking their whisky. For taking part was given this bottle of 21 year old single malt, a leather bound hip flask and my expenses paid for the train ticket to and from London.

This whisky is created by the hand of a master blender, David Stewart. delicate Port wine flavours, silky and full bodied.

No comments: